Wednesday, November 18, 2009

We were out of coffee last night, and I was too tired to go to the store, so I planned to get up early and get some. Of course Alex was already up, so I told him if he got dressed he could come with me to the drive thru for coffee. He asked why we weren't going to the grocery store for the coffee and I told him it was too early, so he went to get dressed. He came back downstairs in a button down dress shirt, a sweater vest, tie, and a zip up sweater over that. To complete the outfit he put winter boots on over his sweat pants. When I asked him why he was dressed up like that just to run out in the car he said, "You never know who we might meet mom. I want to look good." He has a point.....

I order my coffee at the speaker, and as I am about to drive to the window to pay Alex shouts, "Hey lady, can you add an ice cream sundae to that?" Seriously? She heard him too, and answered, "we don't serve ice cream this early, sorry." Kind of embarrassing, but he thought it was so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment